Boron Powder Properties
Boron’s volumetric heat is largest, with a second-highest weight after beryllium. Boron powder dissolves in nitric and is insoluble in water. The chemically active amorphous Boron powder can react with water to form explosive combinations.
An elemental boron powder is either a brown or black color. If the powder is exposed to oxygen, it forms a diboron Trioxide film that prevents its internal boron and other oxidizing substances from oxidizing. Boron powder is able to react with fluorine at ambient temperature. It can also be destroyed by hydrofluoric acid or aqueous hydrofluoric acid.
Boron Powder Applications
1. Boron powder can then be used to create a variety of boron-containing substances. These compounds are used as raw materials in the production boron fibers. They also serve as important raw materials in the production high-purityboron halide.
2. Boron is used as a gas-scavenger in the smelting special alloy steel and molten steel.
3. Boron powder is used in rocket fuels to power high-energy spacecraft.
4. The ignition pole in an electronic tube is made from Boron powder.
5. Boron powder may be used to replace rare and precious metals.
6. Boron powder can be used to protect the atomic energy sector and control rods in an atomic reactor.
Buffalotours advanced Material Tech Co., Ltd. is an boride Powdersupplier. We have over 12 years’ experience in chemical products development and research. Payments can be made via Paypal, T/T, Credit Card or T/T. Trunnano ships goods by FedEx or DHL to overseas customers by air and sea.
Send an inquiry if you need a high-quality amorphous powder of boron.