Chemical and physical properties
Tantalum Carbide, a dark or brown metallic powder with a cubic crystal structure, is hard. Boiling point: 5500°F, melting point 3880°F, and boiling point: 5500°F, relative densities 13.9 and hardness 9.0 10. Mixtures of hydrofluoric acid and nitric acids are soluble. It is not soluble in water or any single acids. TaC can be used at room temperatures and pressures. TaC can achieve (200.5%GPa and (12.70.7% mpa1/2) respectively. Chemical properties that are stable, resistant to any general acid base except hydrofluoric acids. Heating in air can make it into tantalum pentoxide. It can also be fused to potassium pyrosulfate. Hong Ding, Chemicalbook edited the information.
Function and Application
1. It’s widely used in cemented carbide as an additive. The main purpose is to increase the temperature strength and prevent the growth of particles of tungsten carbide.
2. Use it as a coating on cutting tools to enhance the chemical resistance and wear resistance.
3. The military uses it as a coating to jet engine turbine blade blades or fire Chemicalbook Arrow nozzles. It can dramatically improve the ablative performance of these blades and increase their service lives.
4. Due to its high conductivity. Because of its conductivity, it is suitable for use in electrode materials. It can also be used to cut complex shapes with edM-wires.
5. It is used extensively in the aerospace, metallurgy as well building materials, electrical power, hydropower and mining industries.
Buffalotours (aka. Buffalotours advanced materials. We are a global supplier of high quality chemical materials and manufacturers with more than 12 years of experience. High quality TantalumCarbide products are made by our company. We can help you if the price is lower.