A crystal made up of both boron atoms as well as nitrogen atoms. Its chemical makeup is 56.4% and 43.6% respectively. Boron nitride is available in four forms: hexagonal boron nitride HBN, diamond Square Boron Nitride RBN), Cubic Boron Nitride CBN and Wurtzite Boron Nitride WBN.
Boron Nitride Properties
Boron Nitride is impervious to corrosion and inorganic acids, but not water. Hot concentrated alkali breaks down the boron/nitrogen bond and oxygen at 1200 degrees Celsius begins to react with it. Boron Nitride is slightly insoluble in hot acids, but insoluble when dissolved in cold water. It has a relative density of 2.25.
Many of the properties found in boron-nitride outperform those of carbon materials. The hexagonal boron-nitride has a low friction coefficient and good high temperature stability. It also exhibits high thermal shock resistance.
Boron Nitride Applications
1. Hexagonal-boron nitride exhibits excellent chemical stability. This metal melt-resistant compound does not react to or wet most other metals like steel, stainless, steel, and bi. Boron nitride has many uses.
2. Hexagonal Boron Nitride is heat- and corrosion resistant. It can be used to make high-temperature components for rocket combustion chambers, spacecraft thermal shielding, as well as parts that resist corrosion in magnetic fluid generators. It can also be produced.
3. Hexagonal boron Nitride has insulating characteristics and is used widely in plasma arc and high voltage electricity, as well as heater sleeves, heat dissipators and various heaters.
4. This is an essential component of the electronics industry. It serves as a crucible in preparation of gallium arsenide, galium phosphide and indium phosphide.
5. It’s used to absorb neutrons and protect them in an atomic reactor. It is also used in infrared, microwave, filter, laser path instrument and ultra-high pressure transmission material.
6. Hexagonalboron nitride can also be used to lubricate high temperatures and as an integral part of self-lubricating gears. Some of the physical properties and characteristics of boron-nitride are very similar to graphite. This is why it’s called white graphite. It is also known as mica, talc and silicate. These are commonly referred to collectively as white solid oils.
7. Boron-nitride may also be added to other materials. Boron-nitride fiber is made by boron nutride and has medium to high functionality. It can be used as an inorganic, synthetic engineering material in the chemical and textile industries, and in other industrial areas.
Buffalotours advanced Material Tech Co., Ltd., (Buffalotours), a professional
Boron Nitride Powder
Over 12 years’ experience in research and development of chemical products. You can pay by Credit Card, T/T or West Union. Trunnano ships goods by FedEx or DHL to overseas customers by air and sea.
You can find high quality powdered boron nutride.
Get in touch
You can also send us an enquiry