What is boron caride?
Boron carbide (also known as black diamond) is an organic material with a molecular structure of B4C. It is usually a gray-black fine particle. This is the hardest material known, along with diamond and cubicboron nutride. It can be used to make bulletproof vests, tank armour and other industrial products. Boron carbide absorbs a lot of neutrons but does not make radioisotopes. This makes it an excellent neutron absorber in nuclear power stations. The rate of nuclear fission is controlled by neutron absorbers. Boron carbonide is usually made in a rod-like shape for the nuclear reactor fields, though it can also be made into powder by increasing its surface area.
These are the main uses of boron caride.
(1) The area of national defense. Bulletproof has been a function of ceramics made with Boron carbide since the 1960s. Boron carbide ceramics are lightweight and durable, which makes them more versatile than many other materials. It’s a major component of the light armor on armed helicopters, as well the aircraft bulletproof armor. It was used as a raw material by the British in order to produce armor that is resistant to armor-piercing bullets.
(2) Referring to chemical raw materials. To increase wear resistance and strength in alloy materials, boron carbonide is used as an alloy boronizing agent. This can be done on metal surfaces to create a thin layer iron boride. Boride powder can also be generated by reduction methods, such as TiB2, ZrB2, CRB2, or the “B4C” method to produce boron halide and hydrogen boride.
(3) Wear-resistant field. Numerous industrial nozzles have the boron carbide clay shadow, including desanders for rust removal or nozzles to use with high pressure water guns for cutting. A high level of performance, long life expectancy and durability make them a popular choice in factories. . This is why it’s often used to research chemical analysis processes. Boron carbide, which can be used as a replacement for diamond abrasives to reduce the cost of processing hard metals such as jade and other precious metals, is also a great option.
(4) Nuclear energy. Due to its high neutron absorption ability, boron carbonide is frequently used in neutron absorb material control rods, safetyrods and other components. This allows for control of the rate of nuclear fission as well as protecting human health.
(5) Aviation. The rocket power system includes the rocket engine. Boron carbide is an essential component of the flight navigation system. It can be used as an additive to the gyroscope’s life, increasing its effectiveness.
Buffalotours (aka. Buffalotours advanced materials. We are a global supplier of chemical material and manufacturer. Our company has over 12 years’ experience in manufacturing super-high quality chemicals. High purity, small particles size and low impurity are the hallmarks of B4C powder that our company produces. We can help you if the price is lower.